Volunteer Coordinator (Casual)
We are seeking to recruit a Volunteer Coordinator on a Casual basis. The Volunteer Coordinators are responsible for the coordination and training of Arnolfini’s team of Volunteers whilst working with the Front of House team to facilitate audience engagement, support a wide range of programme and development events, and provide all visitors with a high standard of customer service.
The post is offered at Grade 3, £16,500 pa, pro rata (£7.93ph). Applicants would ideally be able to start immediately.
Please send completed applications marked ‘Volunteer Coordinator (Casual)’ in the top corner of the envelope to Recruitment Manager, Arnolfini, 16 Narrow Quay, Bristol, BS1 4QA or by email to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Noon, Friday 13 February 2015
Interviews will be held on Friday 20 February 2015
Volunteering at Arnolfini
Arnolfini recognises the important contribution made by volunteers in helping to fulfil the aims and objectives of the organisation, enhancing the overall experience of visitors. We are currently looking to recruit Exhibitions Assistants to support the Front of House and Learning & Participation team in welcoming a diverse range of visitors to the exhibition, offering guidance and information on our inter-disciplinary programme, and sharing Arnolfini’s passion for contemporary art.
As an Exhibitions Assistant, Arnolfini your role will be:
- To greet visitors in a friendly and welcoming manner
- To introduce visitors to our current exhibition and the history of Arnolfini
- To support the Volunteer Coordinators in maintaining the health and safety of our visitors
- Remain vigilant in the galleries at all times, ensuring the security of our art works and reporting any concerns to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Support visitor engagement with the help of our range of interpretive materials
- Gather feedback and information from our visitors, helping Arnolfini to understand and evaluate our audiences.
- Contribute to the upkeep of our Reading Room – offering visitors a welcoming environment in which to explore our resources and archival material
In return for your energy and commitment, Arnolfini offers a range of benefits in order to create a rewarding and valuable volunteer experience:
- The opportunity to be involved in an exciting contemporary art organisation – working alongside like-minded volunteers and meeting Curators, Artists and partners of the organisation.
- Valuable work experience within an arts organisation
- References on request and guidance for future career development in the arts
- Social events and networking opportunities
- Bespoke tours of upcoming exhibitions from our Exhibitions Curator and related exhibitions and visitor engagement training
- Limited number of complimentary tickets to talks and events that take place during the exhibition programme.
- 20% discount in Arnolfini’s bookshop
- 30% discount in Arnolfini’s Café Bar on days you are volunteering
- Travel expenses per shift to the maximum £4
Group induction sessions and relevant training will be arranged for our next exhibition.
Volunteer shifts will be available Tuesday to Sunday, and we suggest that Volunteers commit to a minimum of four 4 hour shifts per month. Each 4 hour shift will begin with a briefing from our Volunteer Coordinators, and will include a 15 minute break.
How to apply:
Please fill in the online form to register your interest or alternatively you can download the (please post the paper form to Arnolfini, 16 Narrow Quay, Bristol, BS1 4QA and write 'volunteer' in the top right hand corner of the envelope). We will get back in touch to arrange an informal interview and also ask you to fill in a brief form so that we can learn more about your relevant skills, experiences and interests.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arnolfini is actively working towards equal opportuntites.