Arnolfini is looking for an experienced head chef with a passion for hospitality and catering to take Cafe Bar forward.
Reporting to the Cafe Bar Manager, the Head Chef will develop Arnolfini Café Bar menu and events food offer, providing good quality, freshly made food for up to 200 covers.
Working with local suppliers and seasonal produce, Head Chef will negotiate the best prices and create innovative and appropriate food menus.
He/she will control wages, gross profits and kitchen expenditure, in line with agreed budgets.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience working for at least the last year at head chef level with
- Experience of menu and/or dish development in a quality freshly prepared café bar/brasserie/restaurant environment.
- Experience in baking
- The ability to motivate and lead a staff team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at different levels with a wide range of people.
- A proven ability to multi-task, prioritise and deliver a high quality of work in a pressured environment.
- Intermediate/ Advanced level Food Hygiene Certification.
- Experience of food/ingredient sourcing and buying.
- Experience of stock control management.
- kitchen shift management responsibility
45 hours per week contract. The successful candidate will have a friendly, hard working attitude.
We offer a £26,400 package (£24,000 salary + bonus scheme capped at £2,400)
as well as staff meals, complimentary entry to events and company discount.
Application deadline: 07/12/14
To apply or for more details please email a copy of your CV and a short cover note to email@example.com
Volunteering at Arnolfini
Arnolfini recognises the important contribution made by volunteers in helping to fulfil the aims and objectives of the organisation, enhancing the overall experience of visitors. We are currently looking to recruit Exhibitions Assistants to support the Front of House and Learning & Participation team in welcoming a diverse range of visitors to the exhibition, offering guidance and information on our inter-disciplinary programme, and sharing Arnolfini’s passion for contemporary art.
As an Exhibitions Assistant, Arnolfini your role will be:
- To greet visitors in a friendly and welcoming manner
- To introduce visitors to our current exhibition and the history of Arnolfini
- To support the Volunteer Coordinators in maintaining the health and safety of our visitors
- Remain vigilant in the galleries at all times, ensuring the security of our art works and reporting any concerns to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Support visitor engagement with the help of our range of interpretive materials
- Gather feedback and information from our visitors, helping Arnolfini to understand and evaluate our audiences.
- Contribute to the upkeep of our Reading Room – offering visitors a welcoming environment in which to explore our resources and archival material
In return for your energy and commitment, Arnolfini offers a range of benefits in order to create a rewarding and valuable volunteer experience:
- The opportunity to be involved in an exciting contemporary art organisation – working alongside like-minded volunteers and meeting Curators, Artists and partners of the organisation.
- Valuable work experience within an arts organisation
- References on request and guidance for future career development in the arts
- Social events and networking opportunities
- Bespoke tours of upcoming exhibitions from our Exhibitions Curator and related exhibitions and visitor engagement training
- Limited number of complimentary tickets to talks and events that take place during the exhibition programme.
- 20% discount in Arnolfini’s bookshop
- 30% discount in Arnolfini’s Café Bar on days you are volunteering
- Travel expenses per shift to the maximum £4
Group induction sessions and relevant training will be arranged for our next exhibition.
Volunteer shifts will be available Tuesday to Sunday, and we suggest that Volunteers commit to a minimum of four 4 hour shifts per month. Each 4 hour shift will begin with a briefing from our Volunteer Coordinators, and will include a 15 minute break.
How to apply:
Please fill in the online form to register your interest or alternatively you can download the (please post the paper form to Arnolfini, 16 Narrow Quay, Bristol, BS1 4QA and write 'volunteer' in the top right hand corner of the envelope). We will get back in touch to arrange an informal interview and also ask you to fill in a brief form so that we can learn more about your relevant skills, experiences and interests.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arnolfini is actively working towards equal opportuntites.